Brandon E. Norman Memorial ScholarshipPurpose - This scholarship is to be awarded to a public high school senior.
- Criteria for Selection -
The graduating senior must have the intention of pursuing an education in the area of Industrial Arts. This includes, but is not limited to, welding/metal fabrication, auto body, automotive, etc. If no applicant meets the criteria, any student pursuing education in the technical arts would be considered as a candidate.
- The graduating senior should have taken technology classes with Mr. Anderson or another Industrial Arts/Arts teacher.
- The graduating senior is required to have a letter of recommendation from Mr. Anderson or another Industrial Arts/Arts teacher.
The graduating senior will need to submit a short essay of their own on why he/she should be awarded this Scholarship.
- The senior is not required to be an A student. They only need to graduate and have been accepted into a Technical School/Institute or some other institution of higher education (College/University) that offers a program of study such as described above.
- This Scholarship award must be used towards tuition, the purchase of books, and/or tools.
- A qualifying senior should be able to demonstrate financial need.
Scholarship Board - The award is the final decision of the Westbrook Foundation based on the recommendation of a committee made up of the Trustees of the Westbrook Foundation, with the assistance of family members and school staff.
Procedure to Apply - The applicant must complete the "Westbrook Foundation Application".
The candidate must provide two letters of recommendations.
Notification - A formal presentation of the scholarship will be given to the successful candidate at the Senior Awards Ceremony by a representative of the family.
Deadline - Applications are due in the Guidance office or mailed to The Westbrook Foundation, Inc. and postmarked on or before April 1st.