Dorothy Christopher Hoyt Scholarship
Criteria for Selection -
- Candidate must be of good moral and ethical character.
- He or she must be a good citizen.
- Intend to pursue four years of higher education in an accredited institution.
- The candidate must be a member of the Westbrook High School graduating class.
Procedure to Apply -
- The applicant must complete the "Westbrook Foundation Application".
- The candidate must complete a 200-300 word essay that lists interests, ambitions, concern, and/or specific plans for the future. The essay must have your social security number on the top, right-hand corner. Your name should appear only on the back of the essay.
- The candidate's official transcript needs to be attached.
- The candidate must provide two letters of recommendations.
Amount of Award - Two $500 scholarships are awarded. At the discretion of the trustees, one award of $1,000 may be made if there is a shortage of candidates or if one particular candidate exhibits extraordinary qualifications.
Deadline - Applications are to be mailed to The Westbrook Foundation, Inc. and postmarked on or before May 1.