Ellen S. Murphy Scholarship
Criteria for Selection -
- Candidates must be graduating seniors from Westbrook High School.
- Candidates must be planning to obtain a post-secondary education.
- Candidates must have improved their performance in both course work and conduct during the four years of high school.
- The financial need of the candidates is a consideration.
Scholarship Board - The award is the final decision of the Westbrook Foundation based on the recommendation of a committee made up of three faculty members and one staff member.
Procedure to Apply -
- The applicant must complete the "Westbrook Foundation Application".
- The applicants must complete a 200-300 word essay: "What influences helped you to improve your standing in the high school community".
- The candidate must provide two letters of recommendations.
Notification - A formal presentation of the scholarship will be given to the successful candidate at graduation.
Amount of Award - A one-time amount of $500 will be given to the winner of the award at the beginning of the second semester of post-graduate studies.
- About Us
- Olin E. Neidlinger Music Scholarship
- Herbert A. Muller Jr. Memorial Scholarship
- Manstan-Nolf Industrial Arts Scholarship
- Dorothy Christopher Hoyt Scholarship
- Josephine S. Crump Scholarship
- Calderari Hoxsie Schubert Steinson Veterans Memorial Scholarship
- Henry Ortner Jr. Memorial Scholarship
- Elliot A. Spencer Memorial Scholarship
- Barbara Spencer Memorial Scholarships
- Raymond L. Wilson Scholarship
- Westbrook Grange #123 Scholarship
- Ellen S. Murphy Scholarship
- Patricia Mazeau and Myrtie Gareau Memorial Scholarship
- Brandon E. Norman Memorial Scholarship
- Messerschmidt Scholarship
- Shoreline Amateur Radio Club
- Dan Nuhn Memorial
- Marie Mazeau Memorial
- Joanne Marino - Murray Scholarship
- Eileen Daily Scholarship
- Scholarship Recipients 1994-2011
- Latest News
- News Releases
- Donor Information
- Annual Reports
- Contact Us
- Site Map