Elliot A. Spencer Memorial Scholarship
Criteria for Selection -
- The candidate must be a good citizen and of good moral and ethical character.
- The candidate must have grade point average of B or better.
- The candidate's financial need is a consideration.
- Candidates intending to attend a four year college are given preference, however, worthy candidates planning to attend a two year college, technical or nursing school are also eligible to apply.
Scholarship Board - This award is at the decision of the Trustees of the Westbrook Foundation. The committee may confer with Westbrook High School officials in determining the eligibility of the candidates.
Procedure to Apply -
- The candidate must complete "Westbrook Foundation Application".
- The candidate must complete a 200-300 word essay that lists interests, ambitions, concerns, and/or specific plans for the future. The essay must have your social security number on the top, right-hand corner. Your name should appear only on the back of the essay.
- The candidate's official transcript needs to be attached.
- The candidate must provide two letters of recommendations.
Notification - A formal presentation of the scholarship will be given to the successful candidate at graduation. An alternate and second are chosen, but not announced, in the event that the principal recipient does not enter college.
Amount of Award - The sum of $2800 is awarded over a four year period of time ($700/year for 4 years) to the successful candidate's college at the completion of the first semester if in good academic standing (2.7 GPA or better). Standing shall be determined by both the latest semester GPA as well as the overall cumulative average. In the event that the recipient drops out of school, the alternate will receive the balance of the scholarship.
Deadline - Applications are to be mailed to The Westbrook Foundation, Inc. and postmarked on or before May 1.
- About Us
- Olin E. Neidlinger Music Scholarship
- Herbert A. Muller Jr. Memorial Scholarship
- Manstan-Nolf Industrial Arts Scholarship
- Dorothy Christopher Hoyt Scholarship
- Josephine S. Crump Scholarship
- Calderari Hoxsie Schubert Steinson Veterans Memorial Scholarship
- Henry Ortner Jr. Memorial Scholarship
- Elliot A. Spencer Memorial Scholarship
- Barbara Spencer Memorial Scholarships
- Raymond L. Wilson Scholarship
- Westbrook Grange #123 Scholarship
- Ellen S. Murphy Scholarship
- Patricia Mazeau and Myrtie Gareau Memorial Scholarship
- Brandon E. Norman Memorial Scholarship
- Messerschmidt Scholarship
- Shoreline Amateur Radio Club
- Dan Nuhn Memorial
- Marie Mazeau Memorial
- Joanne Marino - Murray Scholarship
- Eileen Daily Scholarship
- Scholarship Recipients 1994-2011
- Latest News
- News Releases
- Donor Information
- Annual Reports
- Contact Us
- Site Map