Olin E. Neidlinger Music Scholarship
Criteria for Selection -
- The candidate must demonstrate excellent proficiency on piano as well as possessing the desire to perform and the love of jazz music.
- The candidate must be proficient in all styles of music including jazz and classical.
- The candidate must exhibit a good moral and ethical character as well as academic excellence.
- The candidate must be a member of the current graduating Westbrook High School Class.
Scholarship Board - The recipient of this award is selected by the Jazz Band Director at Westbrook High School.
Procedure to Apply -
- The candidate must complete "Westbrook Foundation Application".
- The candidate must complete a 200-300 word essay that lists interests, ambitions, concerns, and/or specific plans for the future. The essay must have your social security number on the top, right-hand corner. Your name should appear only on the back of the essay.
- The candidate's official transcript needs to be attached.
- The candidate must provide two letters of recommendations.
- The candidate may be called for a personal interview.
Notification - A formal presentation of the scholarship will be given to the successful candidate at graduation.
Amount of Award - A one time award of $500 will be awarded to the successful candidate.
Deadline - Applications are to be mailed to The Westbrook Foundation, Inc. and postmarked on or before May 1.