Raymond L. Wilson Scholarship
Criteria for Selection -
- The candidate must be an individual of good moral character who has given service to the school and the community.
- The candidate must intend to continue his/her education with a major which will lead to a career in public education.
- The candidate must be in the top 25% of their class.
- The candidate must be a member of the current graduating Westbrook High School Class who has attended Westbrook Public Schools for a minimum of ten years.
Scholarship Board - The board shall consist of Raymond Wilson or designee and the principal and guidance (staff) of Westbrook High School. The board shall give extra consideration to deserving graduates who have not received other scholarship assistance.
Procedure to Apply -
- Complete the Westbrook Foundation Application. All Seniors in the top 25% are considered for this award.
- The candidate must provide two letters of recommendations.
Notification - A formal presentation of the scholarship will be given to the successful candidate at graduation. An alternate and second are chosen, but not announced, in the event that the principal recipient does not enter college.
Amount of Award - A one time award of $1000 will be awarded to the recipient's college after the completion of the first semester if in good academic standing (GPA 2.7 or better). Standing shall be determined by both the first semester as well as the cumulative GPA.
Deadline - Applications are to be mailed to The Westbrook Foundation, Inc. and postmarked on or before May 1.