Shoreline Amateur Radio Club Scholarship
Purpose – The purpose of the scholarship is to encourage and financially assist mature young men and women of Westbrook High School toward a higher education in electronics, electrical engineering or related technical communication field.
Criteria for Selection –
- The candidate must be a good citizen and of good moral and ethical character.
- The candidate must have a grade point average of B or better.
- The candidate’s financial need is a consideration.
- The candidate is intending to attend a technical institution, two year or four year college with an education that will lead to a career in electronics, electrical engineering, or related technical radio frequency (RF) communication field.
Scholarship Board – This award is at the decision of the Board of the Westbrook Foundation, based upon recommendations made by school faculty and administration. This board will give extra consideration to deserving graduates who have not received other scholarship assistance.
Procedure to Apply –
- The candidate must complete a “Westbrook Foundation Application”.
- The candidate must complete a 200-300 word essay that lists interests, ambitions, concerns and/or specific plans for the future. The essay must have your social security number on the top, right hand corner. Your name should only appear on the back of the essay.
- The candidate’s official transcript will be attached when the completed application is submitted to the Guidance Department.
- The candidate must provide two letters of recommendations.
Notification – A formal presentation of the scholarship will be given to the successful candidate at graduation. The Shoreline Amateur Radio Club will be notified of the successful candidate.
Award – A one-time award will be sent to the recipient after successful completion of the first semester with a 2.0 or better GPA and receipt of the official transcript from the school indicating full time status. Scholarship amount is determined annually.
Deadline - Applications are due in the Westbrook High School Guidance Office on Monday, May 2, 2011 by 2:30 PM.
- About Us
- Olin E. Neidlinger Music Scholarship
- Herbert A. Muller Jr. Memorial Scholarship
- Manstan-Nolf Industrial Arts Scholarship
- Dorothy Christopher Hoyt Scholarship
- Josephine S. Crump Scholarship
- Calderari Hoxsie Schubert Steinson Veterans Memorial Scholarship
- Henry Ortner Jr. Memorial Scholarship
- Elliot A. Spencer Memorial Scholarship
- Barbara Spencer Memorial Scholarships
- Raymond L. Wilson Scholarship
- Westbrook Grange #123 Scholarship
- Ellen S. Murphy Scholarship
- Patricia Mazeau and Myrtie Gareau Memorial Scholarship
- Brandon E. Norman Memorial Scholarship
- Messerschmidt Scholarship
- Shoreline Amateur Radio Club
- Dan Nuhn Memorial
- Marie Mazeau Memorial
- Joanne Marino - Murray Scholarship
- Eileen Daily Scholarship
- Scholarship Recipients 1994-2011
- Latest News
- News Releases
- Donor Information
- Annual Reports
- Contact Us
- Site Map