Joanne Marino - Murray Scholarship
Purpose - The purpose of this scholarship is to honor the memory of Joanne Marino Murray by the Westbrook Foundation. It has been established in recognition of her efforts and dedication as Chair of the Westbrook Foundation and to her passion to educate the young students at the Daisy Ingraham Elementary School.
Criteria for Selection -
- The candidate must be a good citizen and of good moral and ethical character.
- The candidate intends to pursue four years of higher education in an accredited institution.
- The candidate must be a member of the current Westbrook High School graduating class.
Scholarship Board - Awarded at the discretion of the Trustees of the Westbrook Foundation with the help of recommendations given by the principal and school counselor of Westbrook High School.
Procedure to Apply
- The candidate must complete a "Westbrook Foundation Application".
- The candidate must complete a 200-300 word essay that lists interests, ambitions, concerns, and/or specific plans for the future. The essay must have your social security number on the top, right-hand corner. Your name should appear only on the back of the essay.
- The candidate’s official transcript will be attached by the WHS Guidance
- Department when you hand in your completed application.
- The candidate must provide two letters of recommendations.
Notification - A formal presentation of the scholarship will be given to the successful candidate at graduation. An alternate and second are chosen, but not announced, in the event that the principal recipient does not enter college.
Amount of Award - An award in the amount of $1,000 will be given to the selected candidate at the Senior Awards ceremony.
Deadline - Applications are due in the Guidance office or mailed to The Westbrook Foundation, Inc. and postmarked on or before April 1st.