Josephine S. Crump Scholarship
Purpose - This scholarship is to be awarded to a student specializing in commercial or business courses who is furthering his/her education to teach business education. If there is no eligible candidate, funds may be used to purchase equipment, supplies or other personal property for the commercial or business department in Westbrook High School.
Criteria for Selection
- The candidate must intend to pursue teaching business education.
- Academic achievement in business courses.
- Financial need not a controlling factor.
- The candidate must be a member of the Westbrook High School graduating class.
Scholarship Board - This award is a decision of the Trustees of the Westbrook Foundation with the help of recommendations by the principal.
Procedure to Apply -
- The applicant must complete the "Westbrook Foundation Application".
- The candidate must complete a 200-300 word essay that lists interests, ambitions, concern, and/or specific plans for the future. The essay must have your social security number on the top, right-hand corner. Your name should appear only on the back of the essay.
- The candidate's official transcript needs to be attached.
- The candidate must provide two letters of recommendations.
Notification - A formal presentation of the scholarship will be given to the successful candidate at graduation. An alternate and second are chosen, but not announced, in the event that the principal recipient does not enter college.
Amount of Award - The sum of $500 will be awarded to the candidate at the completion of the first semester, if in good academic standing as determined by both the first semester as well as the cumulative GPA. (2.7 GPA).
Deadline - Applications are due in the Guidance office or mailed to The Westbrook Foundation, Inc. and postmarked on or before April 1st.